Sr. Backend Software Engineer (remote)
TraderSync is the most advanced trading journal for day traders to be able to track and mine their trading performance.
We are looking for a Sr. Backend Software Engineer with extensive experience in Python Flask and modern web applications who will work to expand the current application capabilities by creating new features and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS (or similar relevant field) and 3 years of web application development experience
- 6 years of web application development experience
- Experience with and knowledge of:
- 4+ years Python Flask
- 3+ years AWS
- 3+ years Git, GitLab/Github pull request and continues integration
- 5+ years working with RDBs (MySQL)
- 2+ years PEP 8
- 1+ years PyTest
- 3+ years REST API architecture
- Other Requirements
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of how the basic concepts of trading. You are a trader or have traded in the past financial market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be involved and participant in the overall application lifecycle
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators
- Build high-quality reusable code
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Optimize performance
- Follow new and emerging technologies
Main Focus of Your Job
To create value for our users by creating and delivering reports about the user portfolios.
- Create a report using Sortino metrics
- Create a report showing how is the user performing in contracts with the S&P500
- Create reports using profit factor
Basically, any kind of reporting might help the user mind their own data easily.
You must have critical thinking and mathematical skills to look for the formulas online, developed, deploy, and create unit test, document, and create reusable code that you can use to easily expand to create new reporting tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Senior-level experience with Python
- Ability to code new reports and look for the formulas online. E.g we might ask you to create a report to show the user his/her Sortino Ratio based on the data that we have.
- Experience with DevOps / AWS
- Ability to work alone as well as with a distributed team
- Solid communication skills
- Understands Docker and CI/CD processes
- Monday to Friday 8-5 pm
- Bachelor (preferred)
- Anywhere from $1,500 – $2,000 depending on your expertise.